As we are here to help educate and provide guidance to families and communities going through mental struggles, we also want to give resources to those who need them.
Here at Invisible Riptide, we have created a Discussion Guide associated with The Invisible Riptide book that covers the topic of suicide to help educate youth about suicidal thoughts and prevention. The Q&A will help parents and adults working with children navigate talking through big emotions, emotional safety, finding a trusted adult, and dealing with feelings of suicide or wanting to die, with or without the book.
For More Resources and Guidance About Suicide, Check Out These Options
This app is designed to help you get your okay back. It offers tools such as recording a life-saving message, emotional check-in, ways to calm and slow your mind, calming audio files, creating a gratitude list, and key support phone numbers.
This app is designed to give kids confidence on how to talk to friends who are struggling.
988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Provides 24/7 free and confidential support for people in distress
- Offers prevention and crisis resources for you and your loved ones
- Educators and professionals can seek best practice advice
Your Life Your Voice
- For Pre-teen, Teen, and Young Adults in need of suicide prevention resources and support
- Includes information sheets with tips for handling difficult situations
- 24/7 crisis line or text
Crisis Text Line
- Provide free emotional support and information to teens in ANY type of crisis
- Trained specialists available 24/7
Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide
- Includes teen section to find information for yourself or friend experiencing suicidal thoughts
- Information for how to cope if a friend dies by suicide
The Trevor Project
- Suicide prevention support for LGBTQ
- Provides 24/7 crisis support line
United Suicide Survivors International
- Support for people who have experienced suicide loss
- To help those that have attempted suicide or have suicidal thoughts
- To support friends and family of those struggling with suicide
Now Matters Now
- Provides educational videos and skills training
- Hear from others who have experienced suicidal thoughts
- Educates on 5 actions steps to prevent suicide
- Shares stories of actions to prevent suicide
- Provide suicide prevention resources